Thursday, February 26, 2009

# 6 (Week 3) Authors on the Web

I don’t think that the site Authors on the Web would be a very good tool at all for readers advisory, as it appears to me to be a private business site, promoting its own work.

Yes it provides links to a lot of Authors websites, but they all appear to be clients of this company, therefore it is biased and likely to only be certain types of authors. There is no search function or classification, so I think it would be really unlikely I’ll ever use this site for Readers Advisory purposes.

I didn’t really like any of the sites, but if I had to chose one it would be Author Yellow Pages. I liked the fact you could search for authors and particularly that you could search for genre. Genre is my favourite way to find new books to read as I'm a bit of a crime buff.

1 comment:

ACL web 2.1 said...

Hey good on you for having a look around even if those site's aren't your cup of tea. Great feedback and keep up the good work =0)